I’m tired of vacuuming up after my dogs so much. They’re constantly shedding, so I decided to build a robot vacuum.
Video of a quick test of the prototype cleaning my living room.
I’ve worked out the design in Sketchup.
Diagram of the components
- Photon Particle (still not sure if I will use this or an Uno)
- 12V Li-ion Battery
- L9110S Motor Controller (I can’t find a Fritzing part for this, and haven’t taken the time to make this yet)
- 5V Voltage Regulator
- 47µF Capacitor (currently using 2 22µF)
- .1µF Capacitor
- 12V Squirrel Cage Blower
- Roomba Replacement brush roller
- 3x Contact switches (homemade)
- Layout PCB
- Build an actual frame/body (from Sintra)
- Full bin detector (IR LED and sensor?)